Writing for the character, Lindsey, in Naked and Unashamed, was hard ya’ll! Why? Because I’m a Gen Xer and she’s a millennial! So to better understand, I spent lots of time with some of my favorite millennials.
- Live like you’re dying because, well you are.
- Technology is your friend. Your best friend.
- Work is only work if you’re doing something you hate. Find your passion and make it work for you.
- Your morning mantra should be “I got this” and even if you don’t, act like you do.
- Go, Ready, Set. Take the risks.
- Take care of the body you have. You only get one.
Lessons I hoped to convey:
- 5000 friends on Facebook do not translate into 5,000 real friends.
- Perseverance is still in vogue. Dream it. Believe it. Then Do it.
- Sometimes you have to work at the sucky job to support the one you’re passionate about.
- Learning to use a parachute could mean the difference between a crash landing and smooth sailing. Plans are not the devil.
- You will FAIL so learn to get back up and try again.
- Advice isn’t criticism (not always). You don’t have to repel it like the bubonic plague.
Titus 2:3-4 Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior…teaching what is good, so that they may encourage the young women…
I Timothy 4:12 Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.
Checkout this YouTube clip and let me know what you think.